Maintaining rigorous compliance standards in anesthesia is an important part of delivering high-quality patient care and maximizing billing efficiency in your ASC. Compliance helps to keep patients safe and helps the ASC stay competitive among other healthcare facilities—but it often becomes a headache for physicians and administrators.
Anesthesia providers are required to stay knowledgeable about and in accordance with a complex list of rules, regulations, and laws—some of which change year to year. Compliance errors in areas such as billing for services, submitting claims, and providing documentation can lead to serious problems, including penalties or fines, delayed or unpaid claims, or suspension from participation in Medicare and Medicaid programs.
Are your ASC anesthesia providers staying up to date on all compliance issues? What resources do you have in place to make sure they get current information and answers to their questions?
CarePlus partners with surgery centers to provide exactly this type of expertise. Our team of specialists offers clinical and operational support to ASCs in a fast-moving, ever-changing environment. We develop thorough compliance, policy, and procedure guidelines so you can be confident that your anesthesia department is compliant and your patients are receiving the best possible care.
CarePlus works to eliminate compliance risk in the following ways:
- Prioritizing clinical excellence and holding all anesthesia providers to high professional standards
- Reviewing new documentation from regulatory bodies, such as the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), to ensure centers and providers have access to the most recent and relevant compliance information each year
- Facilitating quarterly medical operating committee meetings for clients allowing the exchange of information on clinical topics, such as compliance, documentation issues, credentialing, staffing, quality assurance, and risk management
We want every center we work with to be able to answer these questions confidently and affirmatively:
- Are updated clinical standards regularly incorporated into our policies and procedures?
- Do we use performance-based peer reviews as evaluative clinical tools?
- Are all our policies and procedures consistent with Medicare requirements and HIPAA?
- Are all our providers clinically experienced, with appropriate credentialing, licensing, competency, and oversight?
Learn more about how CarePlus can help ease the burden of compliance for your ASC. Contact us.