With better anesthesia data, healthcare facilities can improve clinical and business outcomes.
Data plays an essential role in managing the business side of healthcare organizations, and industry analysts project its influence will only continue to grow in the future. Robust clinical, financial, and operational data provides valuable insights that identify challenges, successes, and opportunities for improvement over time.
As we’ve written before, data is particularly important in anesthesia. Its careful collection and analysis can reveal inefficiencies and highlight a path for an organization to optimize operations with improvements that might include increasing volume, eliminating backlogs, and boosting patient satisfaction.
Billing companies and clinical record systems are now capturing powerful data for each anesthesia case. Anesthesia management companies, like Care Plus, work with multiple facilities and can aggregate and analyze this data to create industry benchmarks. By comparing metrics from similar centers, a quality anesthesia management partner can address problems in key areas and accelerate improvement for each client.
At Care Plus, some of the data we collect for our centers includes:
- Payer mix
- Efficiency metrics (average time per case, room turnover time)
- Cost per case analysis for anesthesia and provider services
- Adverse outcomes
With this anesthesia data, we can create the best model for an individual center, customized to their unique set of circumstances. Within this model are a set of recommendations that focus on clinical and business outcomes, such as:
- Reducing patient backlogs: If patients have to wait weeks to schedule a procedure at a center, they may run out of patience and explore options at other facilities. Identifying inefficiencies with data helps minimize backlogs.
- Improving case volume: A more efficient scheduling process results in shorter wait times and increased case volume.
- Increasing productivity: Centers can track metrics such as operating room utilization, the amount of anesthesia time needed for each procedure, and the number of CRNAs or anesthesiologists required in an OR. With this information, they can more accurately tailor staffing to surgery needs.
- Boosting patient satisfaction: Patients benefit when centers make better decisions based on reliable data. A center with minimal delays and high efficiency results in a more positive experience for both patients and staff.
Learn more about Care Plus’s strategic solutions for anesthesia management and staffing.